Barbi writing for CruiseShips
Sample Hotel Review:
The family Vacation – A Gift that lasts FOREVER!
If you are looking for the inclusive family vacation, catering to all ages, the clean, well maintained, Royal Decameron, Puerto Vallarta, is perfect. Situated on the north shore of Banderas Bay, within walking distance from the hotel lies the quaint authentic Mexican town of Bucerias where you can shop for all things ‘Mexican’ (follow the long stretch of sandy beach or walk along the main road)
Royal Decameron is definitely a lively joyful family oriented place,offering a myriad of activities including: tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, organized activities at the children’s pool. Ceramic painting (many children joined me at this fun-filled craft activity – and we got to make our own souvenirs to take home) Guests can enjoy non-motorized water sports using boogie boards, kayaks, and catamarans. Motorized watersports are an extra charge but are great for the jet and water-skiers.
Available to you fishermen, scuba divers, dolphin/whale watchers there are packages catering to these activities, offered through the 24 hour service at the front desk. Families may join in athletic contests and entertainment conducted by the resort staff. And for the party lovers – nightly shows are performed in the resort’s open-air theater – bars stay open to the early hours of the morning.
For those more mature holiday-makers there is the seclusion and serenity of the adult only pool and pool-bar, with its tantalizing options of cocktails, margaritas and punch, sipped under pool umbrellas while lying back on comfy loungers. 4 pools in the complex keep crowds evenly dispersed. And if you really must connect with the outside world you can visit the business center featuring four computers with high-speed Internet access; or catch a shuttle-taxi providing daily transportation to Puerto Vallarta, where you can explore the many attractions.
There is no excuse to be bored, hungry or thirsty in this action packed resort; also on offer are many exquisite dining options to delight any pallet here is the list:
- La Bugambilias – open-air space is the setting for breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.
- La Tortuga – this restaurant also serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.
- La Pajarera – serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.
- El Wok Thailandesa – Breakfast and lunch buffets plus à la carte Thai dinners. Two dinner sittings with reservations required.
- El Piccollo – Specializing in Italian fare. A la carte dinner only. Two sittings. Reservations required.
- El Jap-Jap Japones – serves à la carte dinners with Japanese menu. Two dinner sittings with reservations required.
- Steak House – Offering seating under white canopies – dinner restaurant specializes in grilled meat and seafood served à la carte. Two sittings. Reservations required.
After a day filled with Fun in the Sun it is a treat to retire to your adequately comfortable, air-conditioned room, or sit out on your balcony overlooking the resort’s neatly trimmed fairy-lit garden filled with exotic bougainvillea, frangipani ,hibiscus and gently swaying palms; as you watch the sunset slowly turn Banderas bay into an orange expanse of water. So what are you waiting for? Book your next family vacation here!